Paula Godwin, an Arizona resident, was walking her two dogs last Friday when she nearly tripped on something on the path in front of her. It was a rattlesnake, and he was on the verge of snapping at Godwin’s legs in self-defense after being frightened by Godwin.
Todd, Godwin’s golden retriever puppy, ran at the snake without wasting a beat, putting himself in front of his mother to protect her from the bite.
Instead of biting Godwin, the snake lunged and bit Todd on the muzzle, sparing him a severe and venomous bite.
Godwin wrote on Facebook, “He jumped perfectly in front of my leg, where I would have been bit.” “This is how a hero seems.”
Todd began to yelp loudly in pain, and his face began to swell. Godwin was able to transport him to the animal hospital within minutes of the occurrence, which was fortunate. The vet gave him antivenom and kept him for the remainder of the day to keep an eye on him.
Godwin was terrified by the occurrence, but she owes it to her brave dog that the day didn’t turn out any worse.
While rattlesnakes rarely bite adults and their bites are rarely lethal, their venom can be extremely severe, causing impaired vision, numbness, discomfort, and difficulty breathing.
Todd is up on his feet and feeling much better after a little rest and a lot of hugs from Mom. He still has a black wound on the side of his nose, but the edema from the bite has substantially decreased.
Todd has received well wishes from all over the world for his bravery and loyalty, and it’s safe to say he’ll be enjoying extra treats from now on.